Surprise! King’s Hill Farm decided to offer us a Thanksgiving basket. Life is good.
In addition to all these goodies, this week has also brought several other exciting events for TIMT. Our intern, Emily Erickson, started this Friday and is slowly but surely whipping me into shape. First step: creating a bonafide Facebook page to share our content with you guys. I’ll also be sharing content from other blogs around the Internets that I love, and I think you’ll love it too. So you know, go like us on Facebook.
Anyways, back to the basket. Here’s what we’re looking at this Thanksgiving week:
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Brussel sprouts are getting shredded and stuffed into chicken breasts with some red onion and feta.
- This cauliflower will get the roasting treatment with some simple spices.
- Leeks and carrots! How about some of this minestrone soup to fight off the frost?
- About 3 pounds of red, blue, and golden potatoes. Obviously mashing these. With mascarpone. And more leeks.
- In the middle there we have a few sunchokes or Jerusalem artichokes. I’ve never made anything super exciting with these, anyone have any suggestions?
- Last but not least some golden beets. How about making some hummus as a pre-Thanksgiving snack?
What are you guys cooking before the holiday craziness begins?