This marks the end of the CSA. Tears.
It’s been a really wonderful couple of months getting deliveries from King’s Hill Farm. This, unfortunately, is our last week. We’ve gone through the whole spectrum of late spring, summer, and early fall vegetables and have managed to keep up with the volume.
I would absolutely recommend King’s Hill Farm to anyone interested in joining a CSA next year. That being said, here’s what we got this week:
And here’s my evil plans:
- Finally! Brussel sprouts! My absolute favorite vegetable. Ever since my Madison Food Blogger lunch at Cooper’s Tavern, I’ve been craving their brussel sprout salad. I think it’s time to recreate.
- Pretty little sweet potatoes. We’ll be out of town this weekend for our dear friend Ann and Matthew’s wedding, and I think this sweet potato/pasta casserole will be an easy thing to whip up on Sunday night when we get back.
- Always space in the vegetable basket for fresh onions.
- Carrots just keep on coming. I’m thinking combining these with the beets and arugula and adding some blue cheese for a nice fall salad.
- And in the middle there we’ve got some fresh horseradish. Two uses: a homemade cocktail sauce and a horseradish hummus (which used to be my favorite thing at Trader Joe’s until they changed the recipe and totally messed it up).
What are you making this week?