We’re off to Minneapolis for the weekend!
I’ve gotten at least 30 different restaurant recommendations from Twin City natives, so I’m pretty excited about the food prospects. We only have one night to explore, since Saturday we’ll be heading over to Hudson, WI for a camp-site wedding of our friends Chris and Ang. It’s the summer of weddings, I’m telling you.
Anyways, this week’s basket was filled with some new treats:
But quite honestly, my plans with them are rather tame. I think this will be the week of remakes:
- Edamame. I’m remaking this shrimp, pea, and avocado quinoa salad.
- Amazing looking collard greens are best just wilted in butter with a little salt. Nothing fancy.
- Cippollini onions are small and sweet. These are excellent when caramelized or even pickled. Which way to go, not sure.
- A nice batch of radishes. I’m thinking it’s about time to rephotograph this buttered radish side dish.
- And last but not least, bell peppers. Last week I made this awesome halloumi dish with them, but this week I’m going to remake the quinoa, red pepper, avocado and cucumber salad. Looks like we’re eating a lot of quinoa this week.
What are you making this week?