I’ve been feeling wholly uncreative these last few weeks.
I’m going to chock it up to the fact that I’ve been working like a maniac getting projects over the finish line, Jason’s been traveling, Whisk has a million events upcoming—I could go on. In the evenings when I step into the kitchen, my mind is somewhere else. I’m making something as quickly as possible and then promising myself that tomorrow, I’ll do more thoughtful planning, and I’ll come up with something new and exciting.
Then tomorrow I end up making a salad for dinner and watching Parenthood on my iPad while I eat it straight out of the mixing bowl. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Is there anything wrong with that?
I’m hoping to get my head back in the game here, and this CSA basket is helping. It’s week two on the Delicata squash and I could not be happier about that. New this week is celeriac (the big dumb looking root vegetable), dragon tongue beans, and papalo, a cilantro-like herb that I’ve never seen before but seems to be common in Latin American cuisines.
I’m hoping that this new wave of ingredients will spark something in me again. And if not, the good news is that these things will last much longer than the heirloom tomatoes and summer squashes that have kept my kitchen busy during the past few months.
This list, mainly taken from recipes from other people’s sites, is as much an inspiration to me as it is meant to be a resource to you. I’ll keep thinking.
- Caponata | Food52
- Grilled Vegetable Ratatouille | My New Roots
- Tahini Noodle Bowl with Collards | Naturally Ella
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Parmesan and Walnuts
- Sub for butternut squash in this Squash Salad with Hemp Dressing | Natturally Ella
- Chile Roasted Squash and Sweet Pepper Quesadillas | Wisconsin From Scratch
- Roasted Roma Tomatoes with Feta and Za’atar
- Middle Eastern-Spiced Squash and Bean Stew | Sprouted Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Tikka Masala | Feasting at Home
- Roasted Root Vegetable Salad | Naturally Ella
- Celeriac, Mushroom, and Tomato Lasagna | Green Kitchen Stories
- Winter Vegetable Panzanella | My New Roots
- Fried Green Meatlessballs | Food52
- Sub for Swiss chard in these Swiss Chard Pancakes | Smitten Kitchen
- Pasta with Turnip Greens and Ricotta | Rachel Eats
- Beet & Fennel Galette with Walnuts
- Roasted Root Vegetable and Chicken Tacos with Chili Mayo
- Roasted Root Vegetables with Polenta
- Sub for cilantro in Grilled Steak with Carrot Top Chimichurri Sauce
- Sub for cilantro in Zucchini Gazpacho
- Cemita Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Serious Eats
Dragon Tongue Beans
- Sub for green beans in Simple Mustardy Green Beans
- Sun for green beans in Ginger Garlic Green Beans
- Dragon Tongue Bean Salad with Spicy Honey-Mustard | Cooking on the Weekends